Outpatient Behavioral Health Services
The BCH Counseling Center provides an expansive range of treatment services
designed to address a wide range of mental health and substance abuse
- attention deficit disorder
- obsessive-compulsive disorder
- bi-polar disorder
- relationship and life adjustment challenges
- school performance
Our supportive and strength-based treatment program encompasses four phases:
- Comprehensive Assessment
- Individualized Treatment Planning
- Individual, Family and Group Therapy
- Psychiatric Evaluation and Medication Management
We are committed to providing a full continuum of care using evidence-based
therapies delivered in a supportive environment.
The Counseling Center is accredited by the Joint Commission and the Colorado
Department of Human Services Division of Behavioral Health.
The Counseling Center accepts most health insurance plans and will work
with your insurance to access treatment benefits. We also offer out-of-pocket
payment options. Contact Patient Financial Services for details at (303)
The Counseling Center is located on the second floor of
Boulder Community Hospital.
For information, call (303) 415–4299.
Turning Point - Intensive Outpatient Program
- The Turning Point Program is designed to provide structured, supportive,
process oriented treatment for patients struggling with moderate to severe
symptoms of anxiety, depression and mood instability, and who are experiencing
a significant decrease in daily individual and social functioning.
- The Turning Point Program utilizes a combination of psychiatric treatment,
psychoeducation and complementary therapeutic approaches including: Mindfulness,
Behavioral Activation, Cognitive-Behavioral, elements of Dialectical Behavioral
and Motivational Enhancement therapies.
Turning Point Program Goals
- Achieve stabilization of cognitive, emotional and behavioral functioning
- Increase behavioral activation for patients with moderate - severe depression
- Improve stress management, coping and self-care skills
- Increase self-esteem, confidence, adaptability, empowerment and resilience
- Increase social support and connection with others
- Develop and practice goal directed/functional daily living skills and routines
- Improve well-being and quality of life
- Turning Point Program Details
- Turning Point groups meet Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Patients receive weekly individual therapy and family therapy is available
and strongly recommended.
- Psychiatric evaluation and medication management services are available
and are an integrated part of the Turning Point Program.
- The average length of treatment is 8-10 weeks.
Most insurance policies provide coverage for mental health intensive outpatient
treatment. We work closely with your insurance company to secure authorization for
the treatment you need. A 60% discount is available if you choose our
prompt pay option. Contact the Patient Business Affairs office for details
- For additional information or to schedule an admission appointment please
contact us at 303-415-4299.
Dialectical Behavior Therapy Intensive Outpatient Program
The Counseling Center services are accredited by the Joint Commission on
Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations and the Colorado Department
of Human Services Division of Behavioral Health. Our clinicians are State
of Colorado licensed social workers, counselors and psychiatrists.
The Counseling Center adheres to Federal, State and professional confidentiality
In addition, the State of Colorado offers a 24/7 mental health crisis line:
Colorado Crisis Services
Directions and Parking
Please park in the parking structure across from 1155 Alpine Ave., Boulder.
Enter the Medical Pavilion entrance on Alpine Avenue across from the parking
structure. Take the elevator to the second floor. Upon exiting the elevator,
turn left and continue down the corridor into Boulder Community Hospital.
Follow the signage to the Outpatient Behavioral Health Department reception desk.