“A newborn baby has only three demands. The first is warmth in the
arms of its mother. The second is food from her breasts, and the third
is security in the knowledge of her presence. Breastfeeding satisfies
– Dr. Grant Dick-Read
We want to make the transition from hospital to home as simple and stress-free
as possible. Please take advantage of our offerings for new families,
from lactation services to popular meet-ups that’ll help you connect
with other new moms.
Infant Feeding Specialist now offering Zoom Consultations
Help with baby’s official documents: Our experienced team will ensure that when you leave the hospital, you
have everything you need to easily get your newborn's birth certificate
and social security number.
In the hospital - Specially trained staff share tips and help moms feel more comfortable
Once you’re home - Schedule an appointment with a consultant at the hospital for help with
any breastfeeding challenges. To schedule, call 303-415-7230.
Now offering Zoom Consultation. Call to schedule.
Telephone advice - Call 303-415-7230 to get breastfeeding questions answered for free seven
days a week. Hours: Mon. - Fri., 9 a.m. - 3 p.m. Weekends 9 a.m. - 1 p.m.
Breast pumps & more: We offer short- and long-term rentals of Medela breast pumps and sell helpful
items that support breastfeeding. For more information, please call 303-415-7230.
Thursday Breast and Infant Feeding Support Group:
On hold until further notice.
- Each Thursday, we host an informal gathering of moms. Make new friends,
share experiences and get your questions answered by a certified lactation
New Mom-Baby Group:
- Having a community of peers is invaluable as you adjust to your new role
as mom. A specially trained nurse is available to answer your questions
- and we serve refreshments! No need to register, no fee.
TIME: 11 a.m.
Postpartum mental health support
FREE postpartum mental health screenings for all moms, in collaboration with
Postpartum Wellness Center of Boulder. Ask your doctor or midwife.
Other organizations and individuals providing support for postpartum mental
- Nurturing Strategies - 720-239-2347
- Nichole Jones in Longmont - 720-273-3492
- Andrea Foote - 720-937-6433
- Melissa Lockman - 303-818-8505
- Kendra Migues in Longmont - 303-350-9361
- Helene Mentzel in Louisville - 303-664-5235
- Foothills Behavioral Health Partners - 303-432-5959
- The Healthy Expectations Perinatal Mental Health Program at Children's
Hospital Denver - 303-864-5252
- Community Infant Program (for high-need families) - 720-652-0560