Admission to our Program
We have a simple four-step process for joining our program:
Start the process by completing the
Child Family History Form and Developmental Checklist for your child's appropriate age:
You can mail completed forms to:
Boulder Community Health – Broadway Building
Pediatric Rehabilitation Services
1100 Balsam Avenue, P.O. Box 9019
Boulder, CO 80301-9019
Or email the forms to:
- We will contact your insurance company to clarify your coverage.
- One of our case managers will contact you to discuss what services may
be appropriate for your child.
- You’ll need to provide a prescription from your physician.
Families applying for autism spectrum services have a different process.
That starts with completing all the forms in step 1 above. Then a psychologist
and case manager will meet with the family to discuss the child’s
history and to determine the goals of an evaluation. If appropriate, an
evaluation will be scheduled.
Prior to the intake meeting, parents are asked to provide copies of any
reports from other therapists or schools. This information helps the plan
- The evaluation team consists of a psychologist, speech therapist, occupational
therapist and physical therapist.
- Evaluations are scheduled from 8:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
- A 90-minute family conference to discuss findings and recommendations is
scheduled for the following week.
- The Autism Diagnostic Observation Schedule (ADOS)
- The Autism Diagnostic Interview-Revised (ADI-R) [parents only]
- Age appropriate standardized assessments of speech/language, motor and
- Clinical Observation
- Parent and teacher questionnaires
Additional Evaluation Tools:
Depending on the age and needs of the child, the following may be included:
- Cognitive testing
- Higher level language testing
- Other developmental scales