Pediatric Outpatient Rehabilitation
Children sometimes require special help as they grow and develop. We can
provide expert help to children ranging from newborns through age 16 for
physical, sensory, motor, speech, language, cognition and academic difficulties.
Our programs are family-centered, so parents and siblings can participate
in therapies and learn how to best enhance their loved one’s strengths.
We coordinate each child’s treatment program with his family, appropriate
community resources and your physician.
Families start by meeting with an experienced case manager to discuss their
concerns. Evaluations and service options are reviewed at that time. Once
a child begins treatment, progress is continually reviewed and re-evaluations
are done every six months.
We emphasize setting realistic, attainable treatment goals and work toward
helping children in our programs access appropriate community resources.
To learn more about the Pediatric Outpatient Rehabilitation services we
provide, please call us at 303-415-4450. Services are offered at
Boulder Community Hospital in Boulder until April 9, 2019 and will move to the new
Erie Medical Center in Erie (services start April 15, 2019). A physician referral is often
required and generally recommended. Services are covered by most insurance
plans. Please check with your insurance company for more information.
Conditions We Treat
We can help infants who have difficulty with:
- breastfeeding or eating
- movement, coordination and balance
- floppy or stiff muscle tone
- sustaining controlled movement
We provide a range of therapies for children:
- who have difficulty with fine and gross motor coordination
- are overly sensitive to movement, sound, or being touched
- are easily overstimulated by their environment
- can benefit from therapies emphasizing sensory modulation and sensory integration
- are impulsive, distractible and have difficulty maintaining focus on one activity
- have academic and writing difficulties
- have trouble forming sentences or speaking clearly
- have trouble understanding and following directions
We are recognized for our comprehensive evaluation and treatment program
for children on the Autism spectrum. Treatment is individualized for each
child and emphasizes structure and routine in meeting goals. Treatment
focuses on establishing and improving communication, sensory-social routines,
navigating daily activities and replacing unwanted behaviors with more
Our experienced team uses a variety of therapies, including:
- sensory integration
- neuro-developmental treatment
- cranial sacral
- cognitive behavior
- fine and gross motor
Our multidisciplinary treatment teams coordinate your child’s care
and ensure that treatment goals are being met in a timely manner. You
and your child may work with any or all of the following specialists:
- Augmentative communication specialist
- Case manager
- Feeding specialist
- Occupational therapist
- Physical therapist
- Speech-language pathologist
A physician referral is often required and generally recommended. Services
are covered by most insurance plans. Please check with your insurance
company for more information.
Services are offered at
Boulder Community Hospital in Boulder and the new
Erie Medical Center in Erie (services at this location start April 15, 2019).
Contact Us at 303-415-4450