Emergency and Trauma Services
If you think your health or life is at serious risk, call 911
or go to an Emergency Department.
Foothills Hospital provides 24-hour access to medical care for patients
requiring treatment for everything from broken bones to strokes to life-
and limb-threatening injuries. As a Level II Trauma Center, the highest
level in Boulder County, BCH has the sophisticated resources and expertise
readily available to treat seriously injured patients. We work closely
with our local Emergency Medical Services partners to provide the high
quality and prompt care you need close to home.
- BCH was the first Level II Trauma Center in Boulder County, the highest
level available locally.
- We collaborate with local Emergency Medical Services partners to provide
high quality care as quick as possible. If more advanced services are
needed, we can transfer patients to Denver Health’s Level 1 Trauma Center.
- We are nationally certified as a Primary Stroke Center for providing high
quality, specialized care and better outcomes for stroke patients.
- We have the most comprehensive heart treatment in Boulder County. We are
the only facility in Boulder County that performs open heart surgery.
- Our 25-bed Emergency Department is staffed by board-certified emergency
medicine physicians, experienced emergency nurses and trauma technicians.
- We offer 24-hour access to important medical services like an interventional
cardiac catheterization lab, surgery department, imaging and an 18-bed
intensive care unit.
- We are part of a comprehensive 110-bed acute care hospital, so we can care
for emergency patients requiring an inpatient stay.
- We offer state-of-the-art helicopter transport.
When to go to an Emergency Department
In a life- or limb-threatening situation, call 9-1-1 or go to the nearest
This includes problems such as:
- Chest pain
- Difficulty breathing
- Heavy or uncontrolled bleeding
- Major burns or broken bones
- Spinal or head injuries
- Stroke symptoms
The Emergency Department at Foothills Hospital is open 24 hours a day,
every day of the year.
Foothills Hospital 4747 Arapahoe Avenue
Boulder, CO 80303 • 303-415-7000
7 days a week • Open 24 hours