Oncology nurse navigators are experienced and highly trained nurses who
provide individualized assistance to patients, families and caregivers
to aid them in effectively navigating through the health care system.
Our navigators offer education and resources to facilitate informed decision
making and timely access to quality health care from the time of diagnosis
through treatment and into survivorship.
What does an Oncology Nurse Navigator Do?
- Acts as the single point of contact to help coordinate care
- Assists in resolving any barriers to care
- Assesses physical, emotional, financial and spiritual needs
- Connects you to rehabilitation services, counseling, support groups and
- Facilitates communication and acts as a liaison between you and your health care team
- Provides education to ensure cancer information is available and understandable
so that you can participate fully in your care
RN, BSN, OCN
Oncology Nurse Navigator
Nanna Bo Christensen
RN, OCN, CBCN
Breast Cancer Nurse Navigator