Convenient options for COVID-19 tests for individuals and employers
BCH has partnered with local testing company Biodesix to offer expanded
access to diagnostic COVID-19 testing.
Swab Test for COVID-19
Patients can now schedule appointments at our drive-up testing site in Boulder:
Testing is available at the drive-up testing site Monday through Friday
by appointment only. For information about the availability of testing over the weekend, please
call one of our three
Urgent Care Center locations located in Erie, Gunbarrel or Superior.
Testing is available with a physician’s order for patients:
- Currently experiencing COVID-19 symptoms, which include fever, new cough/shortness
of breath, or two or more of the following: loss of taste/smell, chills,
muscle pain, headache, sore throat.
Who have had close contact with someone with a lab-confirmed case of COVID-19,
even if you don't have symptoms.
If you have a BCH physician, you can call that clinic to schedule a convenient
virtual visit to assess whether a COVID-19 test is warranted. Your physician can order
the test for you.
Individuals without a BCH physician can call their primary care physician
or the BCH COVID-19 line at 303‑415‑8180 to be screened for testing. The
BCH COVID-19 line is answered Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Once an order is placed, patients will be contacted within 24 hours to
schedule the test at one of our testing sites.
The cash price for a COVID-19 test is $100.
Antibody Test for Those Who Are Not Sick
- Cash price: $80
Antibody testing is
not by appointment. You must talk to your doctor if you should have this test
not be sick and have
no symptoms for at least 10 days prior to getting your blood drawn
Please note that we are now able to begin accepting self-referrals for
COVID PCR and Antibody testing. The see the process for each below:
COVID PCR (Actively Ill or Exposure)
- Contact the Laboratory Customer Service at 303-415-4285.
- Inform the laboratory customer service that you would like to self-refer
for COVID PCR testing.
- Customer service will place your order in the system.
- You will be contacted by scheduling within 24 hrs in order to schedule
your drive-thru testing appointment.
Results are made available via the
MyBCH patient portal. You may make a payment online or wait for a statement in the mail.
COVID Antibody (Checking antibody status. Previous infection/exposure)
What is an antibody test to SARS-CoV-2?
SARS-CoV-2 IgG may identify past infection. Current in house antibody test
(Ortho –Clinical Diagnostics) which has sensitivity 83.3% and specificity
100%. NOTE: these tests are not FDA approved, but has been deemed by FDA
that clearance was not necessary.
- Present to any BCH outpatient laboratory and request COVID Antibody testing.
- As a self-referral, insurance cannot be billed and payment is expected
at time of service.
- Your specimen will be collected by lab and sent for testing.
Results will be available within 24 hours and can be viewed on the
MyBCH patient portal.
COVID PCR: $100
COVID Antibody: $75
Employer-focused COVID-19 screening and testing service
We understand local businesses are facing uncertain times as they reopen
and recover. Boulder Community Health’s new Back-to-Business Health
screening and testing service supports employers’ efforts to protect
customers and employees from COVID-19.
With BCH’s Back-to-Business Health’s COVID-19 screening and
testing, companies can take actions that build customer trust and offer
employees some reassurance that they and their coworkers are at a decreased
risk for a workplace infection.
BCH’s Back-to-Business Health services are tailored to each business’s
needs and can include:
- Workplace visits to screen employees for COVID-19 symptoms
- Workplace employee temperature checks
- On- or off-site nasal swab tests (PCR testing) to diagnose currently active
cases of COVID-19
- Virtual visits with BCH physicians for employees with positive or suspected
positive PCR tests
- On- or off-site COVID-19 antibody testing
Employers should contact Darryl Brown at 303-415-7005 to get started with
Back-to-Business Health services.
Return to Top