Dr. Nelson Trujillo, Boulder Heart Cardiologist and Lead Physician,
BCH ‘Walk-With-A-Doc’ Program
Did you know that one of the best forms of exercise you can do is walking?
The American Heart Association recommends 30 minutes per day of physical
activity for adults – and walking counts!
All you have to do is lace up with a good pair of sneakers — and
walk. It’s that easy. It’s also safe, the least expensive
and has the lowest dropout rate of any type of exercise.
Walking also has serious health benefits:
- Reduces heart attacks (by 86% combined with other factors)
- Strengthens heart muscle
- Strengthens lungs
- Reduces blood pressure
- Reduces chances for colon cancer
- Lowers heart rate
- Lowers cholesterol
- Increases high-density lipoprotein (HDL or “good” cholesterol)
- Strengthens and develops muscles
- Stimulates intestinal movements, resulting in better elimination of wastes
Join me for our next ‘Walk with a Doc’ event on Saturday, August 26 at 8:00 am at North Boulder Park. Visit
bch.org/walkwithadoc for more information and upcoming program dates.
Hope to see you there!