Mission, Vision & Values
The Foundation exists to enhance the quality and availability of health
care services in Boulder County by generating and administering charitable
gifts to our nonprofit, community-owned hospital and health system.
We aspire to be a significant contributor to assist BCH to maintain its
role as a premier provider of health care in the Boulder Valley. Through
public education and information exchange, we encourage philanthropic
giving that is used to enhance patient and family care. We help enable
our locally-owned and governed nonprofit health care system to innovate
and stay in the forefront of medical advancements and technology and provide
full access to emergency care to all Boulder County citizens.
Through fundraising coupled with diligent management of the Foundation’s
endowment, we award meaningful grants to the health system for enhancing
health care. Through community involvement, Boulder Community Health will
continue to be the area's most caring, inviting and well-equipped
health care system.
- We believe a nonprofit, community-owned and governed health system is a
valuable resource and we pledge to further strengthen Boulder Community
Health’s important purpose in the community.
- As Foundation trustees and in alliance with our partner, the Boulder Community
Health Ambassadors, we envision our role as ambassadors and we pledge
to inform and educate our fellow citizens about the merits of this strong
and innovative community-owned health system.
- We value access to the community health system for all in need, regardless
of ability to pay.
- We pledge to be effective stewards of Foundation funds and will carefully
manage the investment portfolio.
- We seek to annually grant an appropriate amount of the Foundation’s
net worth to meaningful programs that enhance quality health care initiatives
provided by Boulder Community Health.
- We value the timely and accurate dissemination of information to the community
on health care trends, challenges and opportunities.
- We will keep the community advised, both formally and informally, about
opportunities for giving in order to meet the health system's goals,
needs and challenges.
- We pledge to set an example in the community by our own giving and our
presence and support at fundraising events.
- We value all gifts, regardless of size, and we recognize each gift in a
timely and appropriate manner.
- We value each donor’s wishes and needs and enjoy individualizing
donor agreements to accomplish personal wishes.
We value our employees and volunteers by:
- Encouraging educational interaction with the board.
- Encouraging grant requests and giving them fair consideration.
- Sharing positive donor feedback.
- Encouraging and recognizing employee giving.
Ties with BCH Ambassadors
The Foundation works closely with and strongly supports the efforts the
BCH Ambassadors (formerly Auxiliary), and the president of the Ambassadors
serves as a member of the Foundation Board of Trustees. The Ambassadors
sponsor fundraising events throughout the year and dedicate the proceeds
to important health care initiatives.
These have included giving monies for the Mante, Mexico Medical Mission,
breast cancer treatment, the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, a Gamma Camera,
heart catheterization labs, as well as significant financial support to
the Cancer Center and the Stroke Center.