Pregnancy Fitness Essentials and Pelvic Floor Health
Pregnancy Fitness Essentials and Pelvic Floor Health is a two-hour interactive
class that gives moms-to-be valuable tools and evidence-based information
about how to engage their muscles and move their changing bodies during
pregnancy. Our instructors are physical therapists who specialize in obstetric
and /or pelvic floor physical therapy.
Location: Live virtual class on the Webex platform. Access code provided after
registration. (Look for an email the morning of class.)
Cost: $20 per class.
- Posture and how it changes during pregnancy.
- Learning how to activate and train your pelvic floor and supporting muscles
- Tips on how to prevent musculoskeletal injury and pain
- Education on body mechanics and positioning
- How to exercise safely during pregnancy
- Information on and management of diastasis recti (a seperation of the abdominal
wall muscles-very common during and following pregnancy)
- Information on perineal massage
- Body positions to assist with labor
- Overview of pregnancy support belts
Please wear comfortable clothing that allows for easy movement. Also, have
space available for sitting and laying down to practice muscle activation
and observing diastasis recti.