Hospital Transformation Program
What is the Hospital Transformation Program?
The Hospital Transformation Program (HTP) is a new initiative that aims
to improve the quality of hospital care provided to individuals enrolled
in Health First Colorado (Colorado’s Medicaid program).
The HTP asks hospitals to:
- Improve patient outcomes and experiences through enhanced care coordination
- Identify vulnerable patient populations and implement initiatives to improve
the health of those patients
- Engage with community organizations to address the unique health needs
of their core patient populations
- Lower Medicaid costs by reducing avoidable hospital care
Administered by the Colorado Healthcare Affordability and Sustainability
Enterprise (CHASE), a government-owned business within the state’s
Department of Health Care Policy and Financing (HCPF), the program will
tie a hospital’s Medicaid supplemental payments to its ability to
meet certain patient-care quality targets, improve the health of priority
patient populations, create meaningful community engagement and reduce costs.
Click here to learn more about the HTP.
BCH’s Goals for the HTP
Boulder Community Health is a non-profit, independent community health
network that has served the people of the Boulder area for nearly 100
years. We’re fully committed to providing high-quality, high-value
care to everyone in our community.
Guided by a vision to foster community partnerships to create and care
for the healthiest community in the nation, BCH will meet the HTP goal
of improving patient outcomes and experiences while reducing costs in
the following ways:
- Improve care coordination of behavioral health patients through enhanced
internal processes and communications
- Collaborate with community partners to improve care coordination—from
the inpatient to discharge setting—through enhanced discharge planning
and referrals to community resources
- Identify social determinantsof health to better meet patients’ behavioral
and medical needs
- Improve access to specialty care for high-risk chronic disease patients
in order to reduce hospital readmissions
- Continue treating opioid dependence in our emergency department, primary
care and inpatient settings, providing an opportunity to break the cycle
of costly addiction
- Create a robust data reporting system to identify and address the specific
needs of our Medicaid population
Please see the HTP intervention documents below and provide any feedback
in the comment box.
If you would like to provide feedback on BCH's hospital transformation
program, please use the form below. You may submit your name and email
if you would like a response but it is not required.