Get To Know Boulder Community Health
Fast Facts about the region's largest, non-Profit Health system
Did you know...
- Boulder Community Health is one of only two remaining independent, non-profit
hospitals in Colorado.
- BCH is celebrating its 100th anniversary in 2022.
- Foothills Hospital was the first LEED-certified hospital in the U.S. (LEED
[Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design] certification is what
designates a “green” building.)
- Foothills Hospital was the first American hospital to install a rooftop
solar energy system.
- Foothills Hospital cafeteria serves vegetables grown in a rooftop garden.
- BCH donated an entire Cardiac Catheterization Lab to a children’s
hospital in Ethiopia, the first such facility in that country.
- BCH was the first Denver-metro-area employer to provide all employees with
a free RTD Eco-Pass to encourage commuting via public transportation.
- BCH is the only health system in Boulder County that provides mental health
treatment in a hospital setting.
- BCH offered the first specialized Heart Failure Clinic in Boulder County.
- BCH recently launched the most successful Walk with a Doc program in the
country, building community around walking and wellness.
- All BCH primary care clinics are nationally recognized as certified patient-centered
medical homes, a relationship-based model of care that coordinates care
across all elements of the broader health care system.
- BCH is the second largest employer in the City of Boulder. (Per Boulder
- Last year BCH provided 31 free community education programs that attracted
more than 3,500 attendees.
- BCH is actively involved in fighting the opioid crisis. The Foothills Hospital
ER recently participated in a very successful pilot project to decrease
the amount of opioid medications prescribed for patients.
Community Health Needs Assesment
As stated by the Association of State and Territorial Health Officials
(ASTHO), "Community health needs assessments (CHNA) and implementation
strategies are newly required of tax-exempt hospitals as a result of the
Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act. These assessments and strategies
create an important opportunity to improve the health of communities."
Please view Boulder Community Health's CHNA and Implementation Strategy below:
BCH Community Health Needs Assessment
BCH CHNA Implementation Strategy