An orthopedic surgeon with Boulder Orthopedics, Dr. Fulkerson has extensive training and experience in sports medicine, including advanced arthroscopic techniques, cartilage replacement surgery and reconstructive surgery of the knee and shoulder. She was a team physician for Seattle University from 1991 to 1994 and is a sponsor of the National Athletic Testing Program for high school athletes in Boulder County. Dr. Fulkerson has a long personal history of athletic involvement. As a teenager, she competed nationally in track and cross-country. During her undergraduate and graduate training she competed in 10K races, triathlons, long distance swims and marathons. Currently she is an avid skier and frequent in-line skater, runner, hiker and biker.
Dr. Fulkerson completed her undergraduate studies and medical school training at the University of California in Davis. She completed her surgical internship in Seattle and her residency in San Francisco.
- Bachelor of Science - University of California, Davis - 1982
- Medical School - University of California, Davis - 1986
- Internship in General Surgery - Swedish Hospital in Seattle - 1987
- Residency in Orthopedic Surgery - San Francisco Orthopaedic - 1991
- Avista Hospital - Consulting Staff
- Boulder Community Hospital - Active Staff
- Diplomat American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- American Academy Orthopaedic Surgery
- American Society for Sports Medicine
- Arthroscopy Association of North America
- Western Orthopaedic Association
- Boulder County Medical Society