Boulder Community Hospital's Inpatient Rehabilitation Program is conveniently located at our Broadway hospital on Broadway and Balsam. Boulder Community Hospital's Inpatient Rehabilitation Program offers comprehensive and individualized services with special expertise in the rehabilitation of traumatic and non-traumatic brain injuries, neurological injuries and illnesses, orthopedic injuries and post-surgical care.
Patients admitted to the Inpatient Rehabilitation Program must be:
We review your insurance coverage and obtain any required preauthorization prior to admission. Information regarding any financial responsibilities related to rehabilitation at Boulder Community Hospital is provided to responsible parties prior to admission. Financial counseling is available through the hospital's Patient Accounting Office.
Conditions We Treat:
- Brain injury
- Neurologic disorders
- Major multiple trauma
- Orthopedic injury and post-surgical care
- Congenital deformity
- Spinal cord injury
However, most patients who need help improving everyday functioning and maintaining independence can benefit from the extensive expertise of our interdisciplinary team.
Our Treatment Approach
Our Inpatient Rehabilitation Program is designed for individuals who need to gain greater independence in daily activities following an injury, illness or surgery. We have a strong commitment to addressing the needs of each person as an individual and to helping each patient achieve the maximum level of independence possible.
- An individual treatment plan is developed jointly with each patient, their family and potential caregivers, and the interdisciplinary rehabilitation team.
- The rehabilitation team meets on a weekly basis to review each patient’s progress toward treatment goals.
- Members of the rehab team meet regularly with family members and potential caregivers to provide necessary education and training, to answer questions, to review progress and to develop detailed plans for discharge from the program.
- Our rehabilitation physicians are experienced specialists in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation (Physiatry).
- Rehabilitation physicians are available 24 hours per day and see patients on a daily basis to evaluate their medical needs and monitor their progress in the program.
Admission to our Program
We encourage families who are deciding on an inpatient rehabilitation program to visit Boulder Community Hospital to meet our staff, learn about our services and tour our facility. The Inpatient Rehabilitation Program is accredited by the Joint Commission and the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF) as a Comprehensive Integrated Program. For information regarding Boulder Community Hospital Inpatient Rehabilitation Program, please call our Admission Coordinator at (303)938-3168.
All potential patients are carefully evaluated by a specially trained Admission Coordinator and the Rehabilitation Physicians. Persons admitted to the Rehabilitation Program must be:
- Able to participate in and benefit from 3 hours of therapy daily
- At least 16 years of age
- Medically able to participate in therapy at the level required for an acute rehabilitation program
We review your insurance coverage and obtain any required preauthorization prior to admission. Information regarding any financial responsibilities related to rehabilitation at Boulder Community Hospital is provided to responsible parties prior to admission. Financial counseling is available through the Patient Accounting Office.
If our initial evaluation indicates our services do not match your needs, we will provide information and guidance regarding alternative programs and resources.
We provide proven, comprehensive and individualized treatment that may include the following specialities:
- Physician specializing in Rehabilitation Medicine (Physiatry)
- Rehabilitation Nursing
- Speech/Language Therapy
- Cognitive Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Case Management
- Social Work Counseling
- Nutritional Counseling
- Pharmacy Service
- Speciality Service Options Including:
√ Augmentative and Alternative Communication (AAC) Services
√ Wheelchair seating and positioning
√ Integrative Therapy Services
For further information, call our Admissions Coordinator at (303) 938-3168.Return to Top