1) How do I create a MyBCH account?
In order to take advantage of MyBCH online services, you will need to activate your account from an email invitation sent to you from your clinic. This provides an additional layer of security and accuracy in setting up your account.
Step 1: If you have an office visit, confirm the email address in your medical record with our Front Desk staff. Once confirmed, an invitation will be sent to you via a secure email link. Please note: If you do not have an email address on file with your clinic or if you need to update the email address in your medical record, you will need to visit your clinic and verify this information in person with a photo ID. If you have an office visit, confirm the email address in your medical record with our Front Desk staff.
Step 2: You will receive an email invitation from email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org within two (2) business days. If your invitation hasn't arrived, be sure to check your junk mail/spam folder. If you do not receive an invitation, email email@example.com or call your clinic. If you accidentally delete the invitation email, the email will be re-sent every 10 days until you register or 30 days have passed since the first email, whichever occurs first.
Step 3: Click on the link in the invitatin email that says: "Sign up for an account" and follow the instructions. Please note that all the requested information is needed to make sure your MyBCH online services are accurately linked to your medical record. This protects your privacy and enhances safety.
- For in individual accounts, we recommend that you use your email address as your MyBCH user name.
- To create accounts for family members using the same email address, you will need to create unique user names for each individual. When creating each profile, you can include the same email address in your preferences.
Note: Your MyBCH password should be at least 8 characters, with at least 1 upper case, 1 lower case, and 1 number
2) Do I need to create a separate account for my child on MyBCH?
Yes. If you would like to communicate with your child’s clinic and provider using MyBCH, you will need to create an account for them. These are the guidelines we follow:
- Parent(s)/guardian(s) may sign up for children under the age of 12 if the clinic has a "Release of Information" form on file listing the parent(s)/guardian(s) names. These forms may be obtained from our Front Desk staff.
- Children over the age of 13 may create their own MyBCH account or give permission for parent(s)/guardian(s) to create an account for them if the clinic has a "Release of Information" form listing the parent(s)/guardian(s) names. These forms may be obtained from our Front Desk staff.
- Children age 18 and over must create their own account or sign a "Release of Information" form listing the parent(s)/guardian(s) names. For more information, please refer to the MyBCH Patient Portal Terms and Conditions (provide link).
3) Can my family use the same email address to sign up for MyBCH?
Yes. You may use the same email address for all members of your family. However, you will need to create a separate account for each individual family member using a unique username for each person. If you connect multiple accounts to the same email address, please check that you are in the correct account when using MyBCH to ensure that any information exchanged is sent to the correct family member’s medical record.