1) How long will it take to complete registration?
It will take you approximately 5 minutes to complete registration. You will need access to your email to complete this step in the process. After creating an account, logging on will only take a few moments.
2) How do I set up an account?
In order to create an account, you will need your Medical Record Number and the email address you provided during hospital registration to create an account.
Step 1: Visit www.bch.org/MyBCHHealthServices.
Step 2: Click on the “Create an Account” link under “Boulder Community Health Services.”
Step 3: Submit an Enrollment Request by entering the following information. These fields will be matched against what you provided to hospital staff during your last visit.
• Your full name
• Your date of birth
• Your medical record number (Hint: This will start with a K000)
• The email address that you provided at registration. Please note: If you did not provide an email address at registration, you will need to update your email address with the Medical Records Department or one of our registrars by submitting a signed Email Collection Form. This can also be completed by mail by printing and submitting the form at www.bch.org/emailform. Please allow 2 business days for us to update your information. Once you email is on file, you will receive an email from us with a one-time user name and password that should be used to create your MyBCH Health Services account.
Step 4: You will then receive an email with a link to MyBCH Health Services and your one-time Logon ID and one-time password. Please be sure to add DoNotReply@bch.org to your safe senders list so that messages from us will not get blocked from your ISP or sent to your spam folder.
Step 5: Create a new Logon ID, password, and set your security questions. It is strongly recommended that you use your email address as your Logon ID. Please be sure to store your Logon ID in a safe place. It will be attached to your MyBCH Health Services account, so you must continue to use it to access your information in the future.
Step 6: Log off and log back in with your new Logon ID and Password.
3) How do I find out my Medical Record Number (MRN)?
You can find your MRN on your hospital discharge paperwork. Your MRN will start with a “K000…” If you are unable to locate your discharge paperwork, your MRN can also be found on your Explanation of Benefits form. If you need help locating your MRN please contact our Medical Records Department in one of the following ways. Hours of operation are Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm.
- In-person. Visit us in person on the BCH Foothills Campus in the Tebo Family Medical Pavilion at 4747 Arapahoe, Suite G30 in Boulder.
- Over the phone by calling 720-854-7760.
- By email request to HIM@bch.org
If this information is requested by phone or email, the Medical Records Department will ask you to verify your information. Once this is done, a letter containing your Medical Record Number will be sent to you in the mail to the address we have on file.
4) What do I do if the enrollment request did not work?
If the information you entered to enroll in MyBCH Health Services does not match what we have on file, you will be directed to a screen that says “Enrollment Unsuccessful.” Please be sure that you entered the correct information on the Enrollment Request, including your full name, date of birth, medical record number, and email address. If you are still unable to enroll, please contact our Medical Records Department at HIM@bch.org or 720-854-7760. Hours of operation are Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm.
5) What if I forget my password?
If you do not remember your password, navigate to the log on page. There is a 'Forgot Password' button next to the log on screen. Once 'Forgot Password' is selected you will need to enter your existing Logon ID and Email Address. Continue to follow the prompts to choose a new password. You will also have to reenter your Logon ID at this time.
6) Can I change my Logon ID or Security Questions online?
No. Your Logon ID and Security Questions will be attached to your MyBCH Health Services account, so you must continue to use these to access your information.
7) What if I forgot the responses to my Security Questions or my Logon ID?
If you forget your security question answers, your account will need to be reset by our Medical Records Department. To request this reset, you will need to submit a HIPAA Release of information Form, available by clicking here.
8) How do I get an email address if I don't have one?
There are many free email services available and any email service is compatible with MyBCH Health Services. If you would like to create a free email account, some options are below:
Yahoo! Mail: http://www.yahoo.com/mail
Outlook from Microsoft: http://www.outlook.com
9) How do I change my one-time password?
After logging into MyBCH Health Services for the first time by entering your one-time password, you will be prompted to establish your own password.
10) How do I change the e-mail to which notifications are sent?
Click on the link “Preferences” (located at the bottom of the Home Page) and choose “Update User Preferences.” Follow the prompts described to update your notification email address. Please note, if you want to update your email address that we have on file, please also click on “Update Profile” and make the corresponding changes on that page. Please allow two business days for the requested change to appear within MyBCH Health Services.
11) Can my family use the same email address to sign up for MyBCH Health Services?
No, you will need to provide a unique email address to create a MyBCH Health Services account.