Expert Emergency and Trauma Care
Boulder Community Health’s Emergency and Trauma Services provide 24-hour access to medical care for patients requiring treatment for everything from broken bones to strokes to life- and limb-threatening injuries. In the event you suffer a serious injury, you can rest assured you will be well cared for close to home.
As a Level II Trauma Center, the highest level in Boulder County, BCH has sophisticated resources and expertise readily available to treat seriously injured and ill patients. We work closely with our local Emergency Medical Services partners to provide the high quality prompt care you need. We also can provide direct access to more advanced services through our partnership with Denver Health’s Rocky Mountain Regional Level I Trauma Center.
FOOTHILLS HOSPITAL EMERGENCY DEPARTMENT -- located at 4747 Arapahoe, Boulder. The Foothills Hospital ER is easily accessible via Foothills Parkway and Arapahoe Avenue: (Click Here for directions)
- The first Level II Trauma Center in Boulder County - the highest level available locally.
- Nationally certified as a Primary Stroke Center – one of only four Colorado hospitals north of Denver to attain this designation. Our stroke center is also ranked as the best stroke treatment program in Boulder County by Healthgrades.
- The most comprehensive heart program in Boulder County. Our heart attack treatment is rated best in Boulder County by Healthgrades and BCH is the only medical facility in the County that performs open heart surgery.
- Highly trained team of trauma surgeons, neurosurgeons, orthopedists, anesthesiologists, emergency physicians and specially certified emergency nurses available around the clock.
- 25-bed, comprehensive emergency unit staffed by board-certified emergency medicine physicians, experienced emergency nurses and trauma technicians.
- On-site radiology, laboratory and intensive care clinicians readily available to handle emergencies.
- 24-hour access to the hospital’s interventional cardiac catheterization lab, surgery and imaging services, and, if necessary, 18-bed intensive care unit.
- Comprehensive 110-bed acute care hospital with extensive neurology, orthopedic and rehabilitation services for emergency patients requiring hospitalization.
- Helicopter transport landing pad.
COMMUNITY MEDICAL CENTER URGENT CARE --located at 1000 W. South Boulder Road, Lafayette: (Click Here for directions)
- Doctors and nurses on duty every day from 7 a.m. to 11 p.m.
- No appointments needed.
- Board-certified physicians have years of experience.
- Handles a comprehensive range of health problems, from simple sore throats to broken bones.
In a life-threatening situation, call 9-1-1 immediately or go to the nearest emergency department.