Boulder Community Hospital encourages continuing education for both clinical and non-clinical staff. The hospital offers:
- Tuition reimbursement.
- Scholarships awarded by the BCH Auxiliary for employees to pursue studies in healthcare fields.
- Inservices and classes, such as ACLS, Basic EKG, 12-Lead EKG, CCRN review course for ICU nurses, CNRN certification for neuro nurses, neuroanatomy and foundations of management, so that Staff can move into new areas or update skills.
- Affiliations with several schools to accept students fulfilling their clinical rotations, including Front Range Community College, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver Community College, University of North Colorado and Regis University, among others.
- A course for novice perioperative nurses to help them learn to function competently and according to hospital and AORN perioperative standards.
- A small, monthly group offering extensive year-long training in neurology that ICU nurses can attend, which includes hands-on experience as well as class time.