Eleven nurses from Boulder Community Health have been nominated for Colorado’s 2017
Nightingale Luminary Awards, the state’s highest honor for practicing
nurses given annually by the
Colorado Nurses Foundation.
Nightingale candidates are nominated in the categories of nurses in clinical
practice, administration, education, research, and non-traditional practice
roles. Each category will be recognized in one of three areas: Advocacy,
Leadership and Innovation.
Boulder Community Health nominees are:
• Bob Deering, R.N., Clinical Team Lead, Ortho/Neuro
• Betsy Duckett, R.N., Manager, Integrated Clinical Services
• Liz Foster, R.N., Educator, ICU
• Kathleen King, R.N., Home Care
• Lynne McAtee-Harris, R.N., Clinical Coordinator, ICU (pictured
above in black)
• Beverly McClary, R.N., ICU
• Sandra Moore, R.N., Service Coordinator, Surgical Services
• Haile Negash, R.N., Med/Surg
• Sandra Odya, R.N., Clinical Lead, PCU
• Amber Soria, R.N., Inpatient Rehab
• Sarah Wise, R.N., Manager, Clinical Education
The nominees will be recognized and celebrated during an event for the
Denver region on April 1st, hosted by the Central Colorado Area Health
Education Center. Twenty-four nominees from the regional event will be
chosen as Luminaries and advance to the statewide Gala event on May 13th,
where twelve nurses will be named final recipients of the Colorado Nightingale Award.
Best wishes to all of the outstanding nurses nominated for this prestigious award!